Senior Council Member
Journalist, lobbyist, university professor, essayist, and writer.
He joins Strategic Advice as a member of the Senior Council, at the end of 2017. During his career he has worked at RAI for 25 years, as parliamentary journalist and editor-in-chief for national policy at GR1, vice director of TG1, responsible for national policy at TG2, reporter in charge of the Presidency of the Republic.
He founded the institutional relations office at RAI and he was responsible for the relations with Authorities. He was Director of Institutional relations at Allianz. He founded several associations, among which:
IL CHIOSTRO – Associations of lobbyists and Public Affairs consultants focused on transparency and professionalism of lobbies, where he is President
PACE (Public Affairs Community of Europe) – the only European network of the associations of Public Affairs consultants, where he is honorary Chairman
Giuseppe was born in 1953 in Rotondella (Matera), he graduated in Philosophy from La Sapienza University of Rome and got a Ph.D in Moral and Social Sciences. He studied Theology at the Gregorian University.
He has been teacher and Co-Director of the School of Journalism at LUISS University in Rome for 12 years.
He has taught Theories and Techniques of the journalistic language and Theories and Techniques of institutional relations at La Sapienza University of Rome. He teaches in several Postgraduate courses.
As a journalist, he worked for various tabloids (‘Voce Repubblicana’, ‘Panorama’, ‘Il Mondo’, ‘Mondo Economico’, ‘L’Europeo’).
He published the following volumes:
• “Utopia e violenza. Le radici ideologiche del terrorismo politico in Italia” (Le Monnier 1981);
• “Il Pci allo specchio” with G.Amato, P.Ostellino, F.Lanchester, R.Mieli (Rizzoli 1982);
• “La democrazia opaca. Sistema politico e partiti in Italia 1975-1990” (Acropoli 1991);
• “Notizie radio@ttive. Manuale di giornalismo radiofonico” (Rai Eri 2001);
• “Verso il Tigitale Manuale di giornalismo televisivo” (Rai Eri 2002);
• “Lobby della trasparenza. Manuale di relazioni istituzionali” (Centre for journalistic records – 2003 (3rd edition);
• “Giornalismo Radiotelevisivo- Teorie, tecniche, linguaggi” (Rai eri 2005);
• “La bionda della mia vita. Intervista a Rudi Peroni” (Sperling&Kupfer 2008).